Our current Half Price Books Book Club pick for June/July is Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. This bestselling book (over a million copies sold!) is based on the true story of one of America’s most notorious adoption agency scandal
Lisa stopped by our Dallas Flagship on May 21 to celebrate the paperback release of Before We Were Yours. While she was here, she took a few minutes to discuss the book. Take a look!
1. What was the inspiration behind the book?
2. What kind of life would the Foss children have had if this they hadn’t been abducted?
3. What made you choose not to bring the siblings together in the end?
4. How did you incorporate elements of hope into a book with difficult subject matter?
5. What do you hope people take away from reading Before We Were Yours?
6. Why do you think bookstores are important?
7. What’s next?