It’s almost that time of year again, and if you are anything like me, you haven’t started on your Halloween costume yet! Here is a list of seven last-minute literary costumes that are HPB approved!
1. Where’s Waldo? – All you need to be as elusive as Waldo is a striped shirt, some jeans, a beanie and glasses!
2. Nancy Drew– To pull off this detective look, all you need is a skirt or dress topped with a sweater and a magnifying glass!
3. Jedi– While most people think of the movie when they think of a Jedi, there are quite a few Star Wars novels! All you need for this is a dark robe, a white top, that toy lightsaber you never got rid of and maybe even an inflatable R2-D2!
4. Pete the Cat– For the young one in your life, all you need is a blue outfit or some overalls and some construction paper to pull off a truly adorable literary costume!
5. The Mad Hatter– If you loved Alice in Wonderland and subscribe to the idea that “we are all a little crazy here,” throw on a funky overcoat, a large hat and dust off an old teapot for the perfect Mad Hatter!
6. Clue Characters– Did you know the classic board game also has Young Adult chapter books with the game characters? For a last-minute group costume, all you have to do is dress head-to-toe in one color and BAM, group costume!
7. Any Harry Potter Character– If you are looking for a last-minute costume the Harry Potter Universe is the way to go! With so many recognizable characters, all it takes is a cloak, a wand, a pointy hat or even a furry friend!
So, what are you going to be for Halloween this year? Tell us in the comments below!