You asked, we listened. We’re beyond excited for the opening of our new store in Tyler, TX. In this edition of Meet the Bibliomaniacs, we would like to introduce you to the entire HPB Tyler team. Take it away, guys!
What is your favorite part about working at HPB?
- “Interacting with and serving our customers and setting up my staff to succeed.” – Joseph M. (Store Manager)
- “My interactions with customers and employees.” – Cody T. (Asst. Store Manager)
- “The customers and coworkers are my favorite part of working at HPB.” – Twila B. (Shift Leader)
- “Being surrounded by the things I love.” – Curtis B. (Bookseller)
- “Meeting new people.” – Natasha M. (Bookseller)
- “Learning! Opportunities to learn about anything and everything are endless.” – Bree L. (Bookseller)
- “Discovering fantastic books!” – Jeff G. (Bookseller)
- “How much HPB understands and celebrates the individuality of its team members.” – Dana E. (Bookseller)
- “I am a bibliophile, so my favorite part of being a team member is the books and officially becoming a bibliomaniac.” – Jennifer G. (Bookseller)
What is your all-time favorite book, movie or album?
- “Book: The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway; Movie: Harvey; Album: Exile on Main St. by The Rolling Stones” – Joseph M.
- “My all-time favorite book and movie is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.” – Cody F.
- “My favorite book is North and South by John Jakes.” – Twila B.
- “Book: Naked Lunch by William Burroughs; Movie: Apocalypse Now.” – Curtis B.
- Book: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card; Movie: How to Train Your Dragon; Album: San Fermin.” – Natasha M.
- “Book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky; Movie: The Lion King.” – Bree L.
- “The Collected Short Stories of Robert E. Howard.” – Jeff G.
- “I love The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.” – Dana E.
- “My all-time favorite book is Phaedrus by Plato. Life is Beautiful is my fave movie.” – Jennifer G.
What are you reading right now?
- “Smart Baseball by Keith Law.” – Joseph M.
- “I’m finally reading Dracula by Bram Stoker.” – Cody F.
- “Repotting: 10 Steps to Redesigning Your Life by Diana Holman and Ginger Pape.” – Twila B.
- “Borne by Jeff VanderMeer.” – Curtis B.
- “Born a Crime by Trevor Noah.” – Natasha M.
- “IQ84 by Haruki Murakami; Dead End by Jason Myers.” – Bree L.
- “Chapterhouse: Dune by Frank Herbert.” – Jeff G.
- “The Aeronaut’s Windlass by Jim Butcher, who is a favorite author.” – Dana E.
- “I am currently reading Packing for Mars by Mary Roach. I adore her work.” – Jennifer G.
What TV show or movie are you embarrassed to admit you love?
- “I’ll watch the Rockford Files anytime I see it on. Don’t care.” – Joseph M.
- “Mean Girls.” – Cody F.
- “Gilligan’s Island.” – Twila B.
- “Urban Cowboy.” – Curtis B.
- “Daredevil with Ben Affleck.” – Natasha M.
- “Japanese romance and drama.” – Bree L.
- “Witches of East End.” – Jeff G.
- “I probably should be embarrassed about loving Tank Girl, but I’m not.” – Dana E.
- “World’s Greatest First Love.” – Kimberly D.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- “I like to go to baseball games, watch any sport that’s on, catch fish from a kayak, tie flies and swim laps, read and listen to music.“ – Joseph M.
- “Fish, read, hang out with my kids.” – Cody F.
- “Run, read, listen to music, mountain bike and kayak.” – Curtis B.
- “Read and spend time with family.” – Twila B.
- “Take a walk and enjoy nature.” – Natasha M.
- ”Read, watch TV, learn ukulele, play with my daughter and go to the dog park.” – Bree L.
- “Read, write, go to art museums and listen to podcasts about Big Foot.” –Jeff G.
- “Bake, watch movies, go bowling, play board games, play and watch video games and read!” – Dana E.
- “Read Foreign Light novels and manga.” – Kimberly D.
- “Watch Korean drama or sci-fi or tossing a tennis ball for my dog. Mostly the latter.” – Jennifer G.
If you could write a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- “Never Standing Still” – Joseph M.
- “A Boy Called Huh?” – Cody F.
- “Wreck this Dork’s Journal!” – Twila B.
- “The Story of an Ordinary Man.” – Curtis B.
- “The Weather is Fine, Thanks and Other Tall Tales.” – Natasha M.
- “Am I Doing This Right?” – Dana E.
- “A Very Blessed Hardware Neet’s Love Story.” – Kimberly D.
- “By George” – Jennifer G.
When are you the happiest?
- “When I wake up in the morning.” – Joseph M.
- “When I’m with my family.” – Cody F.
- “When I’m sitting on the water with a beer and good music.” – Curtis B.
- “When the house is clean, the belly is full, and everyone is home.” – Bree L.
- “When I am writing.” – Jeff G.
- “When I’m home with my loved ones. Usually in the kitchen making something.” – Dana E.
- “When I’m reading a scene where the main character is making right what’s wrong in their world.” – Kimberly D.
- “When I am with my dog, Doodle or my cats. It is impossible not to be happy when adored by a puppy.” – Jennifer G.
Stop by our new Tyler store and meet the team in person!