Attention, parents and educators! HPB wants to help your children’s school libraries! Now through Sunday, February 16, 2014, register at www.hpb.com/schools and tell us how your school would use a $100 HPB gift card to enhance your school library. We’ll randomly select one winner from each of our 36 markets on March 4, 2014.
And stay tuned, because all registered schools will be invited to a Half Pint Library giveaway in their area later this spring. Last year, with the help of our generous customers’ donations, HPB gave away nearly 300,000 children’s books nationwide to local schools and nonprofit organizations during our 15th annual Half Pint Library Book Drive. Here are just a few ways the donated books helped build Half Pint Libraries across the country in 2013:
- Used to start a Young Adult reading nook in Houston, Texas
- Supporting a Read Around the World program in Seattle, Washington
- Summer reading rewards in Appleton, Wisconsin
- Resources for youth art therapy groups in Phoenix, Arizona
- Operation Santa gifts in Kansas City, Missouri
- Therapy for special needs children in Chicago, Illinois
- Literacy instruction in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- ESL programs in Madison, Wisconsin
- Book exchanges in Columbus, Ohio
In 2014, we’re excited to partner with our customers to get even more books into the hands of children who need them the most. This year’s Half Pint Library Book Drive runs February 16-March 31, 2014. During that time, drop off your new or gently used children’s book at any Half Price Books location.
After the drive is complete, Half Price Books will match each book donated as part of our Million Book Donation Project and will distribute the books at special giveaway events in each of our markets in the spring. Stay tuned to hpb.com/halfpint for a giveaway event near you!
P.S. Educators, don’t forget to sign-up for our Educator Discount Card at hpb.com/edu for 10% off your purchases year-round! — Kate