- We will give you a word, such as flounder or bookworm, and you will write an humorous poem based on that word in the comments below.
- The poem can be rhyming, free verse, Haiku or any other style you like
- The poem should be no more than 20 lines long.
- Your poem can be about any subject you like, but as with the comments on this blog, please do contribute constructively to the task at hand and do not include profanity, personal attacks or seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.
- The contest begins April 17 at noon and ends April 18 at noon.
- Leave your poem in the comments of this post.
- The winner will be randomly chosen by 4p.m. on April 18 (no purchase necessary)
- The winner will receive a $10 HPB gift card!
I found a curious bump this morning
When I was making up my bed
It was large and round and oddly enough
About the size of my head.
My hands flew to my face
My head where it ought to be
I would hate to think my head
Hadn’t gotten up with me.
Carefully, I poked the bump
And it began to growl
But since I don’t have a pet
I had to wonder how
I quickly threw the covers back
Letting loose a scream of fright
As a raccoon flew out the window
Which will be shut tonight.
Submit your poem in the comments below! Happy Poetry Month! — Julie