Attention, parents and educators! HPB wants to help your children’s school libraries! Now through Sunday, February 17, 2013, register at http://www.hpb.com/schools and tell us how your school would use a $100 HPB gift card to enhance your school library. We’ll randomly select one winner from each of our 22 markets on March 4, 2013.
And stay tuned, because all registered schools will be invited to a Half Pint Library giveaway in their area later this spring. Last year, with the help of our generous customers’ donations, HPB gave away more than 340,000 children’s books nationwide to local schools and nonprofit organizations during our 14th annual Half Pint Library Book Drive. Here are just a few ways the donated books helped build Half Pint Libraries across the country in 2012:
– Summer reading program incentives in Marion, Iowa
– Reading materials for children’s health clinics in Indianapolis, Indiana
– Donations for low-income families through food pantry & literacy programs in Naperville, Illinois
– Books for a children’s reading area for a learning center in Kansas City, Kansas
– Literacy program rewards in Lexington, Kentucky
– After school tutoring resources in St. Paul, Minnesota
– Prizes for a “Book Walk” at a festival in College Station, Texas
– English Language instruction for Ecuadorian children through Camarones Community Coalition out of Madison, Wisconsin
In 2013, we’re excited to partner with our customers to get even more books into the hands of children who need them the most. This year’s Half Pint Library Book Drive runs February 17-March 31, 2013. During that time, drop off your new or gently used children’s book at any Half Price Books location.
After the drive is complete, Half Price Books will match each book donated as part of our Million Book Donation Project and will distribute the books at special giveaway events in each of our markets in the spring. Stay tuned to hpb.com/hpl for a giveaway event near you!
P.S. Educators, don’t forget to sign-up for our Educator Discount Card at www.hpb.com/educators for 10% off your purchases year-round! — Kate
Kate is Promotions & Direct Mail Coordinator at Half Price Books Corporate.