You may have a ballad that you belt it out loud in the shower. But there’s something special about a song that makes a couple remember the moment they first met, first kissed, or the day they said “I do.” Regardless of the age, that song becomes a sentimental favorite. As they say, “They’re playing our song.”
To help celebrate HPB’s 40 years of loving everything ever printed or recorded, we polled our employees about their favorite love songs. And so, without further ado, we’ll cue the music and present to you our list of 40 love songs to adopt as your own.
1. At Last by Etta James – 2. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel – 3. Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers – 4. Let’s Stay Together by Al Green – 5. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys – 6. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star – 7. Colour My World by Chicago
8. Stand By Me by Ben E. King – 9. Make Someone Happy by Jimmy Durante 10. The Luckiest by Ben Folds Five – 11. The Book of Love by the Magnetic Fields – 12. I Will by The Beatles – 13. The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett – 14. Everything I Do (I Do It For You) by Bryan Adams – 15. Your Song by Elton John
16. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton – 17. Le Vie en Rose by Louis Armstrong – 18. Happy Together by The Turtles – 19. Sunday Kind of Love by Etta James – 20. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) by Otis Redding – 21. Crash into Me by the Dave Matthews Band – 22. Love, Me by Collin Raye – 23. Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins
24. I Got You, Babe by Sonny & Cher – 25. Lady by Kenny Rogers – 26. Let’s Do It by Ella Fitzgerald – 27. Sway by Dean Martin – 28. Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers – 29. When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge – 30. I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton – 31. Always & Forever by Heatwave
32. Tiny Dancer by Elton John – 33. That’s How Strong My Love Is by Otis Redding – 34. I Didn’t Know I was Looking for Love by Everything But the Girl – 35. Heaven by Warrant – 36. It’s Your Love by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill – 37. Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley – 38. Lady in Red by Chris De Burgh – 39. Catch the Wind by Donovan – 40. My Funny Valentine by Chet Baker
Tell us: What’s “your song” and who sings it?